BENEO™ Label continues to drive business expansion for customers despite a challenging economic climate
August 2010 - “The BENEO™ Label is continuing to drive business expansion for customers who use it on their products”, says Tim Van der Schraelen, Marketing Communication Manager at BENEO. “Not only are we seeing more and more customers expanding their range of products that carry this popular digestive health label, but new customers are seeing its potential too, with food retailer SPAR introducing the BENEO™ Label to its Slovenian stores this summer.” In addition, the BENEO™ Label is now collaborating with even more dietetic associations than ever, ensuring that this vital group knows the value of promoting digestive health to members across the globe.
The BENEO™ Label Program, which began ten years ago as a joint European led initiative between food manufacturers and BENEO, is designed to communicate the health benefits of BENEO’s Orafti® inulin and oligofructose (prebiotic ingredients), through the use of one easy-to-understand quality label. The label provides a product with a recognisable symbol that indicates to consumers that it contains a sufficient amount of Orafti® inulin or oligofructose to support scientifically proven health and nutritional benefits.
BENEO™ Label at SPAR, Slovenia
SPAR, one of Slovenia’s leading food retailers, is launching the functional yoghurt LCA, into its stores this summer. The new yoghurt, with only 1.3% fat, contains a sufficient amount of BENEO’s inulin and oligofructose to carry the BENEO™ Label. SPAR took the move to include the BENEO™ Label after seeing its success with another Slovenian yoghurt produced by Mlekarna Celeia and launched a few years ago.
NEWTREE chocolate spreads extend use of BENEO™ Label
Newtree has expanded its range of chocolate spreads and now has five flavours. All of the flavours carry the BENEO™ Label and the latest flavours are orange, strawberry and cherry. Combining pleasure and a health message, the Newtree chocolate spreads are prepared with a high-quality chocolate (73% pure chocolate), contain 70% less fat and 40% less calories than other chocolate spreads and contain BENEO’s Orafti®Synergy1 (a patented form of oligofructose-enriched inulin). Newtree distributes these products to a range of food retailers in Benelux, France, Germany, Scandinavia, the UK, Switzerland, Greece, Italy and the United States, and also selling its products online.
A wealth of product expansions for BENEO™ Label
Many existing users of the BENEO™ Label have expanded its use across their product ranges over recent months.
· Fructal has recently launched two new flavours of its Frutabela bar with the BENEO™ Label in Slovenia. Alongside its cereals and red fruits it contains BENEO’s Orafti® oligofructose.
· Qualidess, Switzerland, has launched the ‘Vital’ desserts, a range of crèmes, mousses and flans which carry the BENEO™ Label. These calorie-reduced, low-cholesterol desserts contain BENEO’s Orafti® inulin and are suitable for diabetics and during diets.
· Buckwheat Healthcare Products (BHP) launched Buckwheat Green Tea in Singapore. The product is proving so popular that the company is expanding its distribution to Malaysia this month. Containing BENEO’s Orafti® inulin, the tea is not only rich in anti-oxidants, flavonoids, protein, vitamins and minerals, but fibre as well.
BENEO™ Label collaborates with even more dietetic associations
As well as increasing in popularity across the globe with consumers, the BENEO™ Label is strengthening its collaboration with a wide range of dietetic associations, including:
· The Spanish association of dieticians and nutritionists (www.aedn.es
· The Flemish association of dieticians and nutritionists (www.vbvd.org
· The Italian association of Human Nutrition (www.sinu.it
In addition, BENEO participates at the following congresses, with stands displaying the latest ranges of local products bearing the BENEO™ Label:
· XVIII Congress of the SAN (Argentinean Nutrition Society) (10-12 August, Buenos Aires)
· Nutritionist Congress (31 August - 2 September, Costa Rica)
· Mega Evento de Nutrition in Brasil (6-8 October, São Paulo)
· Spain: V Congress of AED-N (6-8 October, Valladolid)
Tim Van der Schraelen comments: “The fact that our existing customers are choosing to expand the range of products which carry our BENEO™ Label is the best endorsement we could have of its value as a communication tool regarding digestive health. We aim to keep both health professionals and consumers informed on the benefits of using products which carry the BENEO™ Label and as the former are key influencers of the latter, we are very pleased to be expanding our number of dietetic association links to include an even wider range of organisation across the globe.”
You can download the press release as doc. (DOC, 95 KB)
or pdf. (PDF, 146.7 KB)
Further information on BENEO™ Label can be found here
or visit the Facebook
The picture can be found here. (JPEG, 831.53 KB)
Futher pictures can be found in our Media Library